Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Back to School....Back to Reality...

I went into my classroom yesterday for the first time since I locked the door behind me and said hello to summer.  My desk has exactly the same junk on it as when I left!  So, tomorrow I am back to school to get ready for the upcoming year. It's time to clear out the old junk and get ready for a new bunch of students!  I'm eager to get started, and yet I'm bummed that summer seems to go by so fast.  My daughter turned one this summer and we have been having so much fun -- it will be tough to not see her all day, every day!  She is getting pretty funny -- pointing and laughing at just about everything.  Everything she sees is a "dog."  Although, yesterday we are certain she said "bird" and sounded like an old Russian man.  "Brr-D."  We were pretty excited to hear her say it, but soon after everything turned into "dog" again.  Even us.  :) 

Anyway, I want to introduce you to this blog and explain its use.  This blog will be a place where you can see what happens in our classroom every week.  I will do my best to post weekly -- sometimes even daily.  I hope to capture the fun moments, the teachable moments and everything in between.  It will be a place for parents to get information and keep up-to-date on all that is happening in Room 5.  It will also be a place where I'll share teaching ideas, art projects, frustrations, and celebrations! 

So, I hope you'll be a member of the First Grade Fan Club!  Everybody's doing it. 

1 comment: